Sunday, October 12, 2008

Update from Tallyho...

So, I have been remiss in posting this week.



I had an appointment Monday morning with Dr. Roland, who pronounced his approval of the improvement in my facial movement. We had a good talk about the ongoing and persistent pain I've had. The neck pain is most likely muscular, caused when they pulled aside that muscle to get at the bone and Ethel. I'll continue massage and warm compresses, plus an extended release pain med when needed. I also need to try to pay attention when I am tensing the shoulder and neck muscle on that side and try to relax them.




We also discussed the headaches and general head pain, which has gotten much worse lately. He thinks it is nerve-related, and probably an indicator that I am starting to get some sensation back in those parts of my head. I can live with that!




Meanwhile, in addition to massage, warm compresses, and pain meds, I am trying magnets (I know, might as well hire a witch doctor!). But, what the hell, they can't hurt!




Our friends, Ellen, Kura and Sean came out this weekend for our 8th Annual Apple Pickin' Weekend, which was a blast. Off we went to the orchard, where we unanimously agreed that we weren't really feeling like a wagon ride out to the orchard to pick, followed by schlepping our over-laden bags of apples back - - so we opted to do our picking right in the shop at the orchard! In addition to a great supply of freshly picked Granny Smith apples, we also scored a hot-from- the-fryer bag of apple donuts! Wahoo! Came home, opened some pinto grigio and set about baking a couple of pies. Followed by baked chicken with leeks and sliced apples with the proper accoutraments (the chicken complimented by a lovely bottle of Willamette Valley pinot noir.) A good time was had by all, as evidenced by the pictures...




4 comments:

  1. That looks like a serious foodie kitchen! Pinot grigio, always a good choice for cooking with, I mean to drink while cooking. Excellent. Oh, and Sean peeles apples like a man, tries to get the skin off in one strip, just like I do. lol Dinner sounds divine, as usual i bet! :)

    Glad to see you back. And the news about your facial nerves are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a GREAT time - much better then my weekend. Today the high is 55 - drastic change from the 80's we have been having. More rain too but only fitting for a funeral. I've been meaning to tell you that my uncle has a B&B in the Catskills - more in your neck of the woods than mine - & if you would ever like more info. on it, just let me know. It must be pretty great - they gets LOTS of repeat customers. I've never been but my brother and his family and my mom have both been. Better rum get ready...
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, I forget to mention that the winning apple pie had walnuts and cranberries in it - delicious! Should have opened a bottle of prosecco to go with it ... next time!

    Kay, the B&B sounds great - when you have a chance, send me the name of it and I'll look it up no Google. Willie and I like to get away in the middle of winter sometimes - and the Catskills is close enough for a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prosecco would have been good with that! Or indeed a glass of vin santo. Limoncello perhaps? Possibly even a nice Soave would have been good too.

    Salute. :)

    ReplyDelete