Saturday, July 9, 2011

What Happened to Me?

I used to be cool. Before my hubs swept me off my feet and moved to the Jersey "burbs," I lived in Mid-town. (Manhattan, of course, because it's the epicenter of cool.) I still retained my essence of coolness out here in the wilds of Jersey. I dressed in "cool" country-chic. Well, okay, I dressed in Levi's, but still...

Then along came this annoying brain tumor and I ended up with a funky eye that doesn't make any tears. Hence the globs of goo in my eye at all times. All the goo creates a hell of a glare, so bright light really hurts the peeper. Sun glasses are a must. So, I quickly purchased prescription sunglasses, but it got incredibly annoying constantly switching between regular and sun glasses. Then, one day, in a fit of utter madness, I went online (because it'd be too embarrassing in person) and ordered ... Fitovers. Yes, you know what I'm talking about. This is what the seniors in Florida wear.

I've tried my best to make these cool, but no matter how I cut it, I look like a bug with giant shiny eyes. I'm terrifying. I am wondering if I should dye my hair blue. What the Hell happened to me, and has anyone seen my "cool?"

2 comments:

  1. Can you get those glasses that change colour as it gets sunny? Might be moderately cooler. OR, Ueber cool, you culd wear your sunglasses everywhere including indoors. Now THAT would be cool Ok, not the best for your balance system, but hey, can't have it all, can you... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi,

    I have the same issue with my eye not producing tears. In June 2010 I had a section of my facial nerve removed in a 10 hour surgery due to a malignant tumor that had the left facial nerve going directly through it.
    Steve.

    ReplyDelete