Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"The Book"

I think I've referenced this in passing a few times .. I decided late last year to write a book. This whole acoustic neuroma experience has changed my life in ways I never could have anticipated - some good, some not quite so good, but all valid. My own experiences got me to thinking about all of the people I know who've faced down their own life-changing medical "events." Which raises the question - how do we all get through it and adjust to the "new" us? I am not sure I have the full answer yet to that question, but writing helps me to work through it.

Okay, now I'll get to the point ... A major focus on the book is how people cope with and process both the initial diagnosis and the aftermath, whether it be acoustic neuroma, diabetes, fibromyalgia, celiac, cancer or a host of other conditions. What happens in your mind when the doctor says "you've got (fill in the blank)?" And what happens later when you have to realize that some things in your life will not be the same as they were "before..."? So, I'm looking for stories. I won't use real names in the book, but I would really like to include some quotes and stories from real people. Anyone up for this? If so, just send me a message and we can work out the details.

Thanks, in advance!

1 comment: