Tuesday, June 22, 2010

WHAT???

Usually when I utter the word "What" it means that I didn't hear something (that whole single side deaf thing.) However, today's "What" is about something entirely different, something I've been having an internal rant about for some time now. The "What" I refer to is the absolutely ridiculous signs that I see being proudly displayed as if the owner didn't have a single working brain cell. Yep, I'm getting wound up! Get ready!

The latest "What" sign is this one. Take a good look at it. Consider it. Ask yourself these questions:

1) Who is "We"
2) What is "We" renting?
3) Assuming that I actually wanted to rent whatever it is that "We" is offering, how in Hell would I contact them?

Seriously. This sign (We Rent) is sitting on a vacant lot with only dirt and boulders - nothing else. It's killing me. I want so much to meet whatever Einstein put this up and ask them the compelling question - What were you thinking???

Frankly, this sign is even more confounding than the one at the local convenience store that says "Free Coffee with Bait." Huh? Does that mean that the coffee has small fish in it? What if I don't want bait with my coffee? Can I get coffee sans bait?

Seriously...

5 comments:

  1. I love this! Really makes you wonder where they left their brains when they go up in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's actually incomprehensible to me. And what is really funny/scary is that this sign has been up for at least SIX weeks. You'd think they would have at least started to wonder why they weren't getting any inquiries...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Ooooooooooooooo, I LOVE signs like this! Excellent. A graphic designers dream. It's so brainless it's funny! Love the coffee story too. LOL Fun. Best one I've seen in years here: during a Gay Pride parade, right at the front of the group, pride of place, was a guy with a huge sign, HUGE, that read: 'Gays are Revolting'. :) I'm sure that parade had a huge impact on the public.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorenzo - that's great! Yet another case of someone not taking time to read their message through the eyes of the public. Although, I must say that it is surprising that someone didn't yank that sign out of him hands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Collective illiteracy, and a total lack of understanding of the message!! lol

    ReplyDelete