Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Acrylic Head

Lorenzo, I think you may be on to something! I could have a body-double for my head!! Excelent idea. And, I think I may only need one or two more scans to be ready. WooHoo!

Back to Dr. C today and he was happy to note that the size of my twin (the one growing under my jaw) is slightly smaller than it was on Monday. It is now about the size of a small grape, rather than a large one. And, I am quite happy to note that it is much less painful. In fact, I went for a good part of the day with a very tolerable level of pain - without meds! I did have to abandon ship and resort to meds by mid afternoon, but compared to the last 4 or 5 days, that's a quantum leap in the right direction.

I am going to see my ENT on Friday (the one who initially diagnosed my acoustic neuroma, bless that man) as Dr. C wants him to look at the scans and see if he can tell what is causing my jaw to open only a fraction of an inch. He also faxed the radioly report to both brain docs. Jeez, I feel like a science project.

Meanwhile it warmed up to nearly 60 F today, but poured rain most of the day. Mixed blessings.

Well, off to puree some soup and make a fruit smoothie. Yum. Did I mention that I am tired of food that can be consumed through a straw???

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend that used to work with me, a product designer, who is very versed in CAD model making, and he could give you a hand (if not a head) in making a double in acrylic. Could be a fun project. He's the same guy that worked out the volume of my AN from my MRIs, and then told me what it was. Sicko. Was rather impressive too, something like 6.7cc. Not big enough for a glass of wine, more like a thimble full.

    Glad to hear that The Twin is shrinking! You are miking progress, even going sans meds for a while. I hope the ENT can figure out why you can't open your mouth, there has to be a reason and a solution.

    Can one puree an entire meal? I think sort of baby food thing? Roast chicken with polenta?

    ciao :)

    ReplyDelete